The Star | Commonwealth Games 2018
TSE was retained to develop, lead and execute an ambitious multi-million dollar leverage and activation campaign that drove financial and brand exposure outcomes from The Star Gold Coast's investment as the major partner of GC2018
The campaign was designed to deliver short term results while also creating legacy outcomes for the client.
The 2018 Commonwealth Games was the biggest event ever staged on the Gold Coast
and provided an opportunity to showcase the destinations transformation into a leading global city.
What We Did:
- We designed and executed the Celebration Lawn, a unique live site concept designed to drive public visitation to the property across the 11 days of the Games.
- We designed & generated sales into The Boardroom, an all-inclusive corporate experience that included accommodation, dining and entertainment
- We initiated and developed multiple partnerships with many of the Commonwealth Games sponsors across all tier levels
- We managed a major partnership with Australia's 2018 Commonwealth Games broadcast partner, Seven Network. The Seven partnership was a unique combination of integration into the live broadcast and corporate hosting.
- We drove the project management across the internal team at The Star Gold Coast, working on all aspects of the program including liaison with GOLDOC, VIP gaming engagement, staff engagement, marketing, public relations and all event operations
- The Celebration Lawn became the centre of entertainment on the Gold Coast during the 2018 Commonwealth Games, attracting big public attendance & generating significant exposure for The Star Gold Coast through Seven Network and broader media coverage.
- The Seven Network described their corporate hospitality program as the 'best yet'.
- More than 2,500 clients were hosted across the 11 days
- The Boardroom hospitality experience was enjoyed by guests of major companies including Optus, Seek, News Limited, and Harvey Norman.
- The Star was able to host nearly 2,000 gaming customers and multiple other key stakeholders throughout the 11 days.